Healthcare professionals play an important role in supporting the bereaved. This course will help learners understand the issues surrounding bereavement, the different stages of loss and how to offer practical advice and coping strategies for those suffering.
- The stages of dying
- Dealing with change
- Cultural awareness and adopting a non-judgmental approach
- The pathway to a good death
- Duty of care and maintaining privacy, dignity and respect
- Managing the environment
- Family and visitors and coping with loss
- Record keeping of questions and best practice responses
- Maintaining attitude and behaviour
This course is CPD accredited. It meets accepted Continuing Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.