Those working in the healthcare sector should be aware of infection control. In order to ensure safe and effective care for others, infection prevention and control must be part of everyone’s everyday practice. Infections can spread incredibly rapidly and can sometimes be fatal to more vulnerable patients. So, it’s best to ensure your employees are up-to-date with the current Infection Prevention and Control skills and knowledge.
This Infection Prevention and Control Advanced course is designed to teach learners how to control the spread, the actions to take to isolate an outbreak, the safe handling of infected waste and the relevant legislation. It also covers how important your own health and hygiene is at work including hand hygiene, hand washing, PPE, COSHH requirements and disposal of sharps to ensure you cover all mandatory training requirements.
This online CPD accredited Infection Control Advanced course is suitable for anyone working in the healthcare sector or where there is a risk of infections spreading/transferring including nurses, dentists, health care assistants, tattooists, vets, doctors and cleaners.
- Identify legislation, national and local guidelines, policy and procedures that affect infection prevention and control
- Understand standard infection prevention and control precautions
- Demonstrate the methods of aseptic technique including hand washing and alcohol hand gel procedures
- Describe the importance of safe handling of disposal of waste, COSHH requirements, handling of uniforms, dress codes, linen and laundry
- Identify actions required in cases of outbreak of infection including isolation of residence and mandatory reporting of healthcare associated infections to Health Protection Agency (HPA)
- Describe how policies are put into place for safe handling and disposal of sharps, sharps injury procedures and occupational health procedures
- Manage infection prevention risks, through observation, cleaning procedures and touch-point awareness
- Demonstrate awareness of control of outbreaks & infections associated with specific alerts such as tuberculosis, e-coli, flu pandemics etc
This course is CPD accredited and is delivered by a Skills For Care Endorsed Provider. It meets accepted Continuing Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.